Friday, July 24, 2009

San Francisco


Last week I was in San Francisco on business, then for fun. In between, I had to find time to run in the city. Being jet lagged from the trip, I skipped speed work on Tuesday, and ran 8 miles on Wednesday, while waiting for my girlfriend to fly in. I finished work on Thursday, and ate in Chinatown, and rested for Friday and Saturday of touring.

Friday, Emily and I went to the Golden Gate Bridge, which is pedestrian friendly. We arrive to the bridge on Friday afternoon, it was cool and foggy on the San Francisco side, and we were wearing jackets/long sleeve sweatshirts. Needing to run 3 miles for the day, I set out to accomplish this distance with Emily, as the bridge is 1.2 miles in length.

We set out to run with our iPods on, joining the maze of people crossing the bridge by running, walking, or biking. As I started running, I had my jacket full of stuff, and it was clunky, so I decided to carry it.

We were running and taking pictures of ourselves along the way, and enjoying being outside, and it gradually got sunnier. By the time we reached the other side (Marin County), it was sunny and beautiful out (see the above picture). We turned around, and headed back to the other side, posing for a few more pictures along the way. Finally, we had finished, with a nice 3 mile run, enjoying the sun, wind, fog, and scenery of San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment