Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finding my Groove


Yesterday I ran 9 miles. Just me and my iPod (with Kiss and Tool). I started off from my apartment, and headed towards downtown. I had $1.75 in my pocket, and a GU, my Garmin and iPod. I hit Michigan Ave. downtown, and headed back towards campus. I was cruisin'.

As I hit the WMU track, I saw an old co-worker. Being that it was 4 miles, I stopped at the track, grabbed some water, talked a bit, then headed off to run.

As I got through campus, I hit 5 miles, and a 7-11. I bought a water, ate my GU, and from there on, just cruised. I felt strong, confident, and was really into my run, despite being tired from speed work on Tuesday.

I feel like I'm really hitting my stride, and its awesome. I don't go out running wondering if I can finish the run, but confident, knowing that it can be done. That's a good feeling at this stage of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment