Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation and Rest!!!

The fourth of July brought a 5 day weekend, which was much needed after my travels over the past few weeks. I ran with the group 10 miles on Saturday morning, which was tough because I was fighting off a cold. Somehow, I was able to power through the last two miles, which was positive.

On Sunday, I headed up north with my girlfriend to relax at Sutton's Bay with my family. Sutton's Bay is north of Traverse City, and is located in Michigan's wine country. Still not feeling 100%, I decided to take Sunday off from running.

Monday, we headed out for a bike ride, and I went 11.75 miles with the family, then headed out for another 10 miles on my own. I biked the 10 miles at a 18.7 mph pace, which was fantastic, and felt really good about it. Feeling good, I retreated to the beach for the rest of the day.

Tuesday morning was time for speed-work, so I found the local high school. Doing my warmup from our vacation rental to the track, I began my workouts. Being that it was a red track, I was running very fast. I was trying to run my quarters ins 2:05, and my first lap was 1:51! I was able to get my laps closer to 2:00. I ran my cool-down, and had an excellent workout.

Wednesday, I was back at work and reality, and was tired before my 7 mile run after work. I went for a run and was able to focus, and had a great run.

Looking at how the first month of training has gone, I need to get back into lifting weights, which I haven't been able to do much lately due to traveling. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with how I've been running.

No comments:

Post a Comment