Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Year Ago- A Comparison

The last two weeks, we ran routes that I remember running last year, and cause me to reflect on where I'm at running wise.

Last Saturday's KVCC route I remember distinctly from last year. I hadn't had a good July of running (Saturday runs), and was debating whether I should run a Marathon or a Half Marathon. I switched up my morning food intake, and ended up running a great run, being focused on the run, and feeling better about things.

This year, I was able to cruise for most of the run, and pulled myself through a tough last 2 miles.

Yesterday, we ran from Plainwell for 15 miles. It was cooler again in the morning, and we ran through the country. I felt strong, and confident, and was pushing the pace. Similarly to last year though, I had a tough last 2.5 miles, which I attribute yesterday to not taking my GU at the proper miles. I still feel good about the run, and ran a good time. Last year, I was still worried about whether I could complete a marathon, and this year, I feel strong and good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment