Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I posted a blog, and I've been putting on a lot of miles. Things have been going exceptionally well.
-Spent a week and a half in Chicago, ran the CARA training group with Erin
-Having unbelievably great mid-week Wednesday long runs
-Speed work is tough, but I'm getting it all in
-Ran 16 miles yesterday

Yesterday, I was tired when I woke up from a trip to Lansing on Friday night, and we ran from the Kal-Haven Trail. When I arrived, everyone had numbers on, as identification that we had paid to be on the trail. I found my group, and we started running.

We had to go nearly 3.5 miles between water stops due to misplacement of them, which was tough. Thankfully, the trail was shaded, which kept us cooler, despite the humidity.

As I turned around at 8 miles, I was having a tough time mentally, knowing we'd have a long break in-between water stops, but thankfully the people that I was running with kept me going. We kept running, and found that a water station had been added, which was helpful. I still had a tough time, but the group pulled me through to the finish.

They gave us bagels, bananas, and string cheese at the finish, which was great, as I am always really hungry when I finish running.

1 comment:

  1. the food after is the best :) sounds like u were spoiled!

    ReplyDelete