Sunday, June 7, 2009

5K4TJ

It's been a while since I posted, so here's an update.

I was in Okemos last week, and ran a little under 5 on Thursday. My legs were tired from Fort Custer and golf earlier in the week, but I had a great run. I was going to run the Cooley 5K, but I decided to play golf instead. On saturday, I ran the 5K4TJ, which is memory of a fellow OHS Class of 2002 member, TJ, who died 2 years ago of an eating disorder. The event was very well done for the first annual, and there were many members of my class there as well. On a running note, I ran my best 5K since high school, 23:50, taking 2nd place in my age group.

After the race, I decided to go for a bike ride (my sister Emily was surprised I would bike after running the race). I headed out to Lake Lansing, but the road I usually bike around was closed, so I ended up just doing an out and back. In the end, I did 20 miles.

Today, I couldn't decide whether to run or bike, so my mom made the decision for me. I joined her for pilates. It was a combination of weight and resistance training and was fun and intense. I was dripping with sweat after I was done! The best part was that it included 3o minutes of abs!

I start my running group on Saturday, so this is my last week of pre-marathon training training!

No comments:

Post a Comment