Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Getting Ready!!

I'm getting ready to train. I can feel it in my body. In my mind. I'm like a kid a few days before Christmas, when you know exactly the presents Santa's going to bring you.

I picked up my training packet to, which I have been awaiting since I signed up for training a few weeks ago. Its exciting, to see how the summer is going to pan out for training, and what mileage I'll run when I'm traveling/on vacation. This Saturday calls for 7 miles, which I completed 2 weeks ago, so I'm feeling good about it.

It's been a pretty busy week. I played golf on Monday (I call that my cross training), and lifted weights Tuesday morning. Then, I ran 4.25 miles after work. I had a great run, attacking hills, and running a good pace, possibly the best time for that route.

Wednesday morning, I forced myself to get up and run 3 miles. I had no legs, but wanted to get some miles in before I started training. In addition, I had meetings at work with a catered lunch and going out for dinner with co-workers, so I wanted to burn some calories before intaking some.

This morning, I got up and ran 4.5 miles. I had more legs than yesterday, but was still feeling it, and go through the run. This was important to me because during training, I won't feel good every day for running, but its important to power from, and keep running.

Some of my co-workers are biking in to work tomorrow, but given the amount of working out I've done, I plan to just hit the gym and rest up for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment