Monday, June 1, 2009

Last week and Weekend

After redeeming myself on Tuesday evening, I struggled to get running the rest of the week. I committed to take Wednesday off running (and watch the Wings!), and Thursday I didn't have the energy. In spite of not running, I did hit the gym 4 days last week (Tuesday-Friday) to lift weights.

Finally, Friday evening, I went running. Sometimes, I have my best runs on Fridays, as I seem to have all the stress from the week off my shoulders, and can just run. The 4.5 miles felt good, and I was rested from my days off. I enjoyed my typical Friday dinner of spaghetti (with mini meatballs), and ended up going to bed early. I planned to get up and go running early Saturday morning.

Saturday morning, I planned a 7 mile run. It was a 5 mile loop, and I added a mile out and back from the loop. The morning was beautiful, and I had a pretty good run, especially considering I had run on Friday evening. I had to walk a bit, but I expected that with slightly tired legs. The best part about running early Saturday is getting to enjoy the rest of the day, knowing you have already worked out!

On Sunday, I decided to change it up, and head to Fort Custer (http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=448&type=SPRK) for some Mountain Biking. I've probably been there a dozen times over the past 4 years for biking. There's a nice 7-mile loop I like to do (not too hard, but still challenging). I started slow at first, to concentrate on the course, and make sure that I didn't hurt myself. Halfway through, I had a lot of confidence, which carried into the second time I did the loop. Every other time I'd ben to Fort Custer, I only had the energy to do the loop once, so that speaks to my conditioning now.

All in all, it was a good 3 days of training, and I feel like I'm really getting ready to train hard, starting in 2 weeks for Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment